Summer Pasta Salads
As our days heat up it is always nice to have a few pasta salads ready for lunch or to pack in the cooler for a day on the boat or a night at Jazz Fest. We found the loveliest pasta recipes all in one place. Check out the oh so nice webpage www.gimmesomeoven.com
You are sure to fall in love with Ali's simple recipes and easy to follow instructions not to mention it is all beautifully put together. Here are just a few we thought you might want to try but head over to the site for more.
All photos and recipes belong exculsively to www.gimmesomeoven.com
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
The ingredients for the salad were pretty straightforward:
- lots of fresh cucumber (I went with an English cucumber, so that you don’t have to mess with seeding it)
- ripe cherry tomatoes (or you could use sun-dried tomatoes)
- thinly- sliced red onion (feel free to soak it in cold water beforehand if you want a less onion-y taste)
- feta cheese galore (I used reduced-fat)
- your favorite kind of pasta
- Then just whip up a simple lemon-herb vinaigrette to give it a fresh and flavorful kick…
Click here for full recipe and simple instructions for the vinaigrette.
5 Ingredient Strawberry Caprese
You had me a "caprese"!
She says she couldn't decide whether to call it Strawberry Balsamic Pasta Salad or Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad. But basically it’s a “caprese” recipe where you substitute in strawberries for tomatoes. So that makes the five ingredients:
- fresh strawberries
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil
- balsamic reduction
Click here for full recipe and lovely instructions
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Here is a list of ingredients. Head over to the site for the recipe for the pasta salad and her delicious Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing. yum!
1 pound dry pasta (I used farfalle, but any shape will work)
- 1 pound cooked chicken breasts, diced or shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small head of Romaine lettuce, roughly chopped (about 5-6 cups loosely packed)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup croutons, homemade or store-bought
- 1 batch Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing
- 1/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- (optional) 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Click below for the full recipe
LMW Tip. Make ahead so you have some go to lunches. Use really small mason jars for individual servings. The individual small pasta salads in a jar are easy in the cooler and everyone already has everything they need. Nice at a festival and really nice when you are out on the boat. No dipping out, no plates, etc. Just pack and go. Simple and cute! Pack a nice bottle of wine from Emporium Wine and you are all set! Enjoy :)